Print this page printer Icon

How to get interstate teacher registration recognised in NSW

13 Feb 2014

If you are a teacher from interstate and want to teach in NSW, you need to be accredited with the Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards (BOSTES). Once you have achieved Provisional or Conditional Accreditation, your current interstate registration will be recognised by BOSTES and your accreditation status will change to the equivalent NSW level.

Step by step guide

  1. Complete a Statement of Eligibility before you apply for a teaching position

  2. Receive Provisional or Conditional Accreditation from your NSW employer, referred to as your Teacher Accreditation Authority (TAA)

  3. Within 60 days of being notified of your Provisional or Conditional Accreditation, send a certified copy of your current interstate registration to:

Sydney South NSW 2001

BOSTES will update your accreditation status to reflect your interstate registration and post your NSW teacher accreditation card to you.

For further information