Print this page printer Icon

Further study as professional development

High quality professional development (PD) helps teachers to continuously improve and maintain their teaching practice. To maintain Proficient Teacher, Highly Accomplished Teacher or Lead Teacher Accreditation you must complete at least 100 hours of PD.  These 100 hours can be made up of Quality Teaching Council (QTC) Registered PD, Teacher Identified PD and, if approved, further undergraduate and postgraduate study.

Undergraduate studies and postgraduate studies

Teachers maintaining their accreditation at Proficient Teacher level, Highly Accomplished Teacher level or Lead Teacher level can apply to have postgraduate or further undergraduate study recognised as professional development.

To apply for recognition, you must send in:

  • a completed application form
  • proof of enrolment into the course and
  • if available, a certified copy of an official transcript showing the completion of units.

If your application is successful, the postgraduate or further undergraduate study will be added to your record. 

Download the application form for recognition of further undergraduate and postgraduate study (Microsoft Word 3 MB)

Read the Undergraduate and Postgraduate Studies Policy (PDF 144 KB)