Print this page printer Icon

Check your PD is validated

As a NSW teacher maintaining Proficient, Highly Accomplished or Lead Teacher Accreditation, your professional development (PD) must be both recorded and validated. Once validated, it will appear on the PD Progress Report in your online account.

Check a QTC Registered course is validated

If the course you attended was a QTC Registered course, the provider of that course is responsible for validating your attendance within 30 days.

To check course participation is listed on your account:

  1. Log into your online account. You will need your username and password. 
  2. Select the 'Teacher' tab
  3. Go to the ‘Professional Development’ box in the flow chart
  4. Find the relevant course in the list on your account
  5. To complete the evaluation, select the 'Eval' button.

Any registered courses provided by the NSW Department of Education will be transferred to your BOSTES record within 30 days of showing as complete in MyPL.

If the course does not appear on your record, you can contact the provider directly.

Check that Teacher Identified PD is validated

For any Teacher Identified and Professional Commitment PD recorded on your online account, your TAA or PD delegate (usually a principal in schools) validates your PD. It is important to make sure your account details are up to date so information can be correctly recorded.

  1. Log into your online account and go to ‘update your employment history’’. You will need your username and password. 
  2. Link yourself to your current school so your TAA/PD delegate can login and monitor your progress and validate your PD. We will provide advice to early childhood teachers on the validation process in early 2017. Early childhood teachers should continue to log their Teacher Identified PD until this advice is provided.

Recording TAFE or university studies

BOSTES considers relevant TAFE and university study (postgraduate and further undergraduate) as PD.  You can apply for recognition by downloading the following forms. We will notify you if the application is successful, add the PD to your record and validate it for you.

You can apply to have any current postgraduate or further undergraduate study recorded as professional development. Download the postgraduate and undergraduate study application form (Microsoft Word 65 KB) 

You can apply to have any current TAFE study recognised as QTC Registered PD. pdf format Recognition of TAFE Study - Application Form (196.49 KB)

You can apply for recognition of PD and teaching undertaken outside of NSW while on a leave of absence.  Download the overseas and interstate PD application form (Microsoft Word 63 KB)