Submit your application online
NSW teachers applying for accreditation at Highly Accomplished Teacher level must submit their application online with the Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards (BOSTES). It is important to check that all required documents, referee reports and the external observer report have been submitted.
To submit your application, you need to log into your online account. All the elements below must be fully completed, before you can submit.
- Relevant school information documentary evidence
Make sure that you have comprehensively completed the teacher context information to provide the context(s) for your evidence
Make sure you have consistently titled and annotated each piece or set of evidence
- External observer’s report
The external observer report must be completed before you can submit your application. You can view the external observer report via the ‘View Observer Report’.
You will need to keep track of the referees you have identified and whether they have submitted their report. You can view referees’ reports on the page ‘‘View Referee Reports’ drop-down list. This way you can see if they have completed their reports or not and check that comments for all Standards were included.
You can refer to the Accreditation at Highly Accomplished and Lead Teacher – Information for Referees (PDF 383 KB) which has details on the role and responsibilities of referees as part of the Highly Accomplished teacher level accreditation process.
- Your principal’s or service director’s acknowledgement
The online application tool will not allow you to submit the application if your principal /service director has not lodged their acknowledgement. You may need to remind your principal/service director they need to log into their online account to do this.
If you are an early childhood teacher and unsure about who, performs this role, then email us or call 1300739338.
You can refer your school principal/service director to the Accreditation at Highly Accomplished and Lead Teacher – The Role of the Principal (PDF 449 KB) with information on the role and responsibilities of the principal/service director in the accreditation of teachers at Highly Accomplished and Lead Teacher.
Other essential items to upload
- Teachers overview statement
- Internal observations of teaching
For more information refer to the Policy for Highly Accomplished and Lead Teacher Accreditation (PDF 92 KB)
What happens next?
The next steps involve the review and assessment of your application to make the accreditation decision.
- Your Teacher Accreditation Authority (Highly Accomplished/Lead) or TAA (A/L) will initially review your application and make a recommendation. They may send your application back to you for minor changes which you will need to do within 90 days. You will not incur an additional fee.
- Your application then goes to the Moderating and Consistency Committee (MCC) convened by BOSTES. This committee makes a comparative analysis of a range of reports. They review applications and provide advice back to the TAA (A/L) in relation to the quality of the application based on the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers and Highly Accomplished Teacher Evidence Guide
- The TAA (A/L) considers their initial recommendation together with advice from the MCC and makes a final accreditation decision
- The TAA (A/L) then informs you of their decision.
Who is your TAA (A/L)?
Check to see which TAA (A/L) is responsible for accreditation of teachers at Highly Accomplished or Lead Teacher level at your school. Who is my TAA (A/L)?
Please contact us on 1300 739 338 (within Australia), if you have any questions.