Accreditation for pre-2004 teachers
Accreditation supports quality teaching and recognises the invaluable role teachers play in the community. Teachers employed in a NSW school before 1 October 2004 will need to be accredited to continue teaching beyond 2017.
BOSTES, the Department of Education, the Catholic Education Commission and the Association of Independent Schools of NSW have worked together to develop a simple three-step process for awarding Proficient Teacher Accreditation to pre-2004 teachers.The process will recognise your skills, knowledge and expertise meet the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers at the level of Proficient Teacher.
You will not need to:
- be provisionally or conditionally accredited
- provide BOSTES with copies of your qualifications or other evidence demonstrating you meet the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
You will need to:
- pay an annual accreditation fee
- log professional development you undertake from, not before, 1 January 2018.
BOSTES 3 steps to Accreditation
- Follow your employer's instruction regarding your Working With Children Check process
- Your employer will forward all necessary details to BOSTES.
ONLINE TEACHER ACCREDITATION ACCOUNT
- BOSTES will set up your online teacher accreditation account
- You will receive a 'Welcome' email from BOSTES. The email will include your 'User Name' and 'Password'
- You will need to activate your accreditation process by logging in.
$100 ACCREDITATION FEE
- BOSTES will email you an invoice for your 2018 accreditation fee
- You must pay the invoice before the start of Term 1 to continue teaching in 2018.
Proficient Teacher accreditation is available to pre-2004 school teachers. This means any teacher who was teaching prior to 1 October 2004 and has not had a break of five or more years away from teaching.
Proficient Teacher accreditation is also available to teachers who may be on leave currently, or who have recently retired and will return to teaching after a break of less then five years any time up until 31 December 2022.
Read the BOSTES 3 Steps to Accreditation for Pre-2004 Teachers flyer (134.58 KB)
Read the BOSTES 3 Steps to Accreditation for Pre-2004 Teachers poster (214.03 KB)
Read Answers to your questions
Read the Policy on the Accreditation of Non-Accredited Teachers