Information sessions for casual teachers
4 Mar 2016
Casual and short-term temporary teachers working towards accreditation at Proficient Teacher
BOSTES will be hosting information sessions on accreditation at Proficient Teacher in regional and metropolitan areas of NSW throughout 2016.
These one and a half hour sessions are only for casual and short-term temporary teachers who are working towards accreditation at Proficient Teacher. The sessions will focus on developing an understanding of the requirements for Proficient Teacher and providing advice for teachers employed on a casual or short-term temporary basis.
These sessions will not cover information on Maintenance of Accreditation or the accreditation process for pre-2004 teachers.
The session will cover five modules:
- Module 1 - BOSTES and Accreditation at Proficient Teacher
- Module 2 - The Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- Module 3 - Roles and Responsibilities
- Module 4 - Collecting and Annotating Evidence
- Module 5 - Advice for casual and short-term teachers.
- Newcastle (Hunter Region), 13 March 2016 COMPLETE
- Manly (Northern Beaches), 27 April 2016 COMPLETE
- Wollongong (Illawarra), 4 May 2016 COMPLETE
- Dubbo (Orana Region), 18 May 2016 COMPLETE
- North Ryde (Northern Sydney), 24 May 2016 COMPLETE
- Armidale (Northern Tablelands), 1 June 2016 COMPLETE
- Bankstown (Western Sydney), 8 June 2016 COMPLETE
- Bathurst (Central Tablelands), 22 June 2016 COMPLETE
- Albury (South West Slopes), 20 July 2016 COMPLETE
- Wagga Wagga (Riverina), 3 August 2016 COMPLETE
- Parramatta (Western Sydney), 15 August 2016 COMPLETE
- Port Macquarie (Mid-North Coast), 24 August 2016 COMPLETE
- Campbelltown (Western Sydney), 31 August 2016 COMPLETE
- Lismore (North Coast), 8 September 2016 COMPLETE